Monday, June 28, 2010

Thoughts of a Scrapbooker

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, life.love.paper., and was inspired by her entry.  She was talking about how oftentimes, as a scrapbooker, she feels the need to defend herself and her hobby.  That is how I feel exactly!

Every time I tell someone that I scrapbook, I feel like I have to explain myself - explain that I love making things with paper, that it really is cool, that I'm not wasting my time or money....

Why do I do this?  I know other people think this is a dorky hobby.  I know other people think it is for people with no social lives.  But I don't need to worry what other people think about this hobby.  Bottom line, it is fun, it is such a source of joy for me, it is a way to document our memories for our Matt and I and for our future children, and it makes me feel good to make pretty things.  Do I need to have another reason?  I think not.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment